Frances Langford Promenade

» Posted by on Mar 25, 2019 in Information | Comments Off on Frances Langford Promenade

Frances Langford Promenade

“The Frances Langford Promenade…is a historic site located between Lemon Street and Lake Mirror Drive. On January 27, 1983 it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places. The project was built in two phases and completed in 1928. Charles Wellford Leavitt of New York was the original designer of the Promenade. In 1946, the City of Lakeland dedicated the promenade to Lakeland native Frances Langford for her music and acting career as well as for her work with the United Service Organizations during WWII. The Promenade was rededicated in 2013 with a new plaque honoring Francis Langford.” — City of Lakeland, 2018

2013 Rededication Sign and Ceremony Thank You Page

Thanks to David Dickey, Tom Hagerty, Chuck Welch, Abhishek Mukherjee, and the Lakeland Library History Room for photos and video.

And a special thanks to every person and organization that reminds Lakelanders about the Frances Langford Promenade.